Saturday, September 20, 2008

European Day of Languages, 26 september




At the initiative of the Council of Europe, Strasbourg, the European Day of Languages is celebrated since 2001 on 26 September.

800 million Europeans throughout the Council of Europe 47 member states are encouraged to learn more languages, at any age, in and out of school. Being convinced that linguistic diversity is a tool for more intercultural understanding, the Council of Europe promotes cultural richness and plurilingualism in whole Europe.
On the occasion of the day, a range of events are organised across Europe: happenings for children, television and radio programmes, language classes, conferences, etc. Member states and potential partners, in particular schools, are given a free hand to organise activities.
(click here to read more http://www.ecml.at/edl/)

Our school is preparing some activities to celebrate this European Day! Don't forget to give your contribution if your teachers ask for it! Participate and... Have Fun!

5 comments:

Bill Chapman said...

I hope that you'll be willing to mention that the Esperanto Association of Britain offers a free Esperanto postal course. Suitable for those who would like a quick taster, this course gives an overview of the language in twelve bite-sized portions. Once you have received the first lesson, simply return your answers with an SAE. Your tutor will reply with guidance and the next lesson. All you pay is postage! Tel: 0845 230 1887 or write to:
Esperanto Education
Esperanto House
Station Road
Barlaston
Stoke-on-Trent
ST12 9DE

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Bill Chapman,

I will tell my students about this information you gave! Thank you!

'Aninhas' said...

I think that kind of projects are very interesting and helpful for our culture. I'm waiting to know how it will work and if they let me participate it will be a pleasure.

Big kisses, deat teacher...

Unknown said...

Ana, I'm counting on you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Teacher!
That is really cool. I'd love to learn lots and lots of languages, I've even tried to teach myself german and italian, but that didn't work!
I hope that everything goes well in your school (:
Kisses, *