Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter holidays...

I like holidays because I never do anything and it's great!
So, I can relax and forget classes. But, I don't like cleaning my house before Easter. It's so tiresome!
I enjoy waking up very late, eat lots of chocolate almonds and eggs and sponge cake with cheese, watching TV series like Supernatural, Veronica Mars and Simpsons all the afternoons, listening to lots of heavy metal music and receive presentes like money and almonds. I like having breakfast with my sister, calmly, what I can't do when I have to go to school because I don't have time.
During the holidays, I celebrated my birthday. That's a special day for all of us. I invited my grandparents and my cousins to have lunch at my house. But, I didn't like that day because I don't like parties and lots of people in my house. I know that's strange a teenager who doesn't like parties but that's who I am - different.
Carla nº5 9ºA
-----------------------------------------------------

My Easter holidays were so cool. On the first week I went to London where I visited the Big Beng, several museums in London, I also visited the most famous café in London, and perhaps the world. I had lots of fun there. On the second week I was home taking care of my brothers and playing computer. I really enjoyed the holiday although I feel that  they lwere too short.
Flávio Pinto No. 13 9ºA

-------------------------------------------------------

My Easter holidays were very entertaining.
I went with my family to enjoy a few days in the Algarve to enjoy the good weather.
I rested a lot, but I could have rested more, had fun and thoroughly enjoyed every moment.
I had time to think about what I can improve on this 3rd term. I was pleased with the final grades but I am able to get better.
Rafaela Vieira nº23 9ºD

---------------------------------------------------------

I spent my Easter Holidays at home. I didn't have much to do so I basically read books, watched television and studied a little bit, although I should have studied more. I also helped my mom in her restaurant. I like dealing with new people everything that also helps me increasing my ability to talk with people. I also spent time with my friends. I watched documentaries on Discovery Channel and I found it a bit difficult because it didn't have subtitles, but I understood most of it. I also tried to read the original version of Hamlet, which was written by William Shakespeare, but it is very hard, I had to have a dicionatary with me every time I was reading it.
Sara Baptista nº27 9ºD

-------------------------------------------------------------

My Easter holidays were awesome! On the first week of Easter holidays I stayed at home relaxing. On the second week I went to South of Spain. It was very hot there and I went to the beach and I swam in the sea!I swam in the swimming pools of the hotel, too. And I met some cute boys there!The food of the hotel was great. The "crepes" are delicious! Every night, I walked on the beautiful streets of "Praia Balena", it was super. I loved my Easter holidays because I did some of my favourite things like relaxing and swimming in the sea.
Maria Francisca Mota n.º 20 9ºA

----------------------------------------------------------------

On my holidays, I was home most of the time. I watched TV, played computer games and playstation, I rode my bike, I visited my grandparents, I practiced gardening and lived with my family, friends and acquaintances. I do not like to sleep much, so every day I woke up early to enjoy the day in the morning. During these holidays I did some schoolwork, I studied a little and watched television a lot. During these holidays I ate a lot of almonds, chocolate eggs and tasted the sweets of my mother.
These holidays have been good because I took most of the day to rest and do what I like.
Carlos César/nº6/9ºD

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Easter holidays were very fun but short.
I did many different things these holidays, some are normal, like reading, watching television and playing computer games, but others that I rarely do, like walking on the beach, biking and rollerblading in Porto and going to the mall among others.
I met my goddaugther and my cousin, to help them with vacation homework, at the end we watched movies and enjoyed ourselves very much.
These were two weeks with lots of fun.
Francisca Ferreira n.º8/9ºD

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I was already feeling the need of holidays after a difficult period with many tests and nothing better than some holidays to Switzerland, a good country, both with a beautiful scenery, the beautiful Alps, and something I also like: chocolate! My Easter was spent in family with my parents and an uncle living in Bex, Switzerland, Easter was a good week with many, chocolates, almonds and the most important thing :family!
Davide Ribeiro 9ªA Nº7

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On my first week of Easter Holidays, I helped my mom with "easter cleaning". It feels so good being in bed a little bit longer more that the usual. The second week was to relax. I read a book of Patrick Suskind, which I loved, I listened to some music, played on my computer, saw some movies, and hanged out with my cousin that has the same age as me. We played football and some other sports, we also played cards.
I think that the holidays were good but really really small!
Now, I have to come back to my old routine and work hard to increase or just keep my grades!
Sofia Magalhães
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
On these holidays I didn´t do anything special, I just did the usual at home with my little brothers. When I´m at home I listen to music, I watch TV, I clean my house and, of course, I play with my sister and brothers.
Even staying at home I had a good time, because the weather was hot and I love the sun, because when it is sunny I can relax.
On Easter day I had a good time too because I was with my family.
I spent my Easter holidays at home but I still had a great time.
Diana Mota

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On these Easter holidays I didn´t travel, but they were still fun.
On the first week of my holidays I helped my mother cleaning our house. And on the second week  it was really cool, too.
On that second week my parents were at home and I did lots of things with them, I worked in the garden, and I bought a cat.
On the last days of the holidays I studied and I played with my brand new cat! These Easter holidays were simple, but fun.
Patricia 9ºA Nº21

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my Easter Holidays,I have been in my grandfather's home.
On these two weeks of Easter, I have studied, I have done the homework, I have ridden my bicycle with my friends and I have played computer.
On the Easter day, in the morning, I woke up and got up early and I have kissed the cross of Jesus.
In the afternnon I had lunch in my grandfather´s home and I socialized with my family.
I liked my Easter holidays, because they have been fun and I have eaten amny chocolates and almonds...
José Carlos Cunha nº11 9ºD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Easter Holidays were good but I´d like to have done more things. The holidays are always good because we rest, sleep much, we're with friends and the best is that we do not have classes.  My Easter vacations were spent almost every day with my friends, we had fun too, played football, played playstation and played snooker. When I was alone at home I usually watched television or played computer games and watched videos on the Internet.
Easter Day was good but I had to get up very early and it was hard because I like sleeingp, but then I got  up and it was a really fun day as I spent it with my family which is very fun.
Bruno Ismael Nº3/9ºA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Easter holidays were good, because I could relax during the 2nd term. Right at the beginning of the vacation I went to a camp of scouts. It was great fun although it was very tiring. During the week after Easter everything went smoothly: I played computer, watched television and worked in my real farm. Unable to forget the religious aspect, I could help in the celebrations of Easter and even on Easter day I went with the "compasso". So after a good vacation, I am ready to return to school to finish 9th grade.
Pedro Amaral, 9ºD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Easter holidays were normal, there was nothing special.
On the first week, I slept even more than usual, I was with some friends, lots of times we talked on the phone, etc..
On the second week, I went riding a horse every day, I love horses, and it is there that I feel good.
On Easter Sunday I was with my family and some friends whom I hadn't seen for a long time.
And so tese were my holidays and my Easter.
Ana Sousa nº2, 9ºD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easter Holidays arrived and it was great. I was so tired of school, that they had come exactly in time.
On the first week I went to Torres Vedras for a national championship of chess, where my cousin participated.
Later I almost always stayed at home, because the weather did not help. Anyway, I had fun and I spent some days in Aveiro.
On the second week, I went to Vila Praia de Ancora. In the end of the vacations I did the homewok and unfortunately the holidays were over.
They were good and I had time to rest and to study English.
José Luís Bessa, 9ºA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve always been fascinated by Canada and its nature: big rivers, green valleys, great lakes, and so on. But I never actually saw anything about the towns, the architecture, etc.
Two weeks ago, on Easter holidays I went to Canada to visit in particular the region of Quebec and its homonymous town.
First of all it’s a very populated town, the second largest one after Montreal. Then, I discovered the Château Frontenac, a historic hotel which dominates the city skyline and it’s really a wonderful piece of architecture!
Also, I didn’t really know that the Montmorency Falls are actually about 30m higher than the most famous Niagara Falls! They’re located very close to Quebec City itself. That is a marvelous place to visit. My holidays were marvellous.
Pedro Diogo Claro Moreira, nº 24 9º A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Easter holidays were good. On the first week I rested and relaxed at home, forgetting the school, tests and timetables. On Easter Sunday, I was with my family and I ate the usual confectionery. The second week after Easter was like the first, but this week I spent more time with my parents than the first because they had worked the previous week. So I started to prepare my return to school and I also saw my grades from the previous term. My Easter holidays were not very interesting, but they were good to relax and forget about school. But I hated the holidays because they were too small ...

Pedro Silva, 9ºA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These Easter holidays were great, I was in a campsite where I go every year. There I played football as well as PC.
What I liked most was being with my friends, with whom I had not been since summer and I had a lot of fun with them.
On the days I was home I slept late, for the academic year is very tiring.
The holiday was good until Monday came and I had to go to school and everything ended.
Eduardo, 9ºD
---------------------------------------------------------------------

On these Easter holidays I didn´t travel, but they were still fun.
On the first week of my holidays I helped my mother cleaning our house. And the second week it wasn´t really cool, either.
On the second week my parents were at home and I did lots of things with them, I worked in the garden, and I bought a cat.
On the last days of the holidays I studied and I played with my brand new cat! These Easter holidays were simple, but a little funny.
Patricia 9ºA Nº21

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Easter holidays were fun, although the weather onthe first 2 weeks  was not the best, but they were not spoiled, because holidays are holidays . What I liked most about these holidays was being with my friends and going to the Algarve with my brother.
The afternoons were excellent, all together, telling those stories without fun, but we do laugh anyway, our snacks, the walks, those calls, those smiles were few but excellent days.
Basically these were my Easter holidays.
Now until now I miss sleeping late and waking up late, those afternoons, being relaxed and not having to worry about tests and lessons: D.
They were my holidays.
Beatriz Pacheco  Nº5 / 9ºD

---------------------------------------------------------------------
My holidays were very good. For me the holidays are always good, however, and I took many photos. I went to visit some freinds with whom I haven't been for a long time.It was so fun that I liked to take more holidays.
On the first week I did not like my free time, because of all the cleaning work that we had to do on this occasion. But the second week after Easter was better because it was more like a walk with my best friend, with whom I  rarely am with, it was a catch up. We went to the park and had great fun.
I really enjoyed these holidays in 2010.
Cristiana Alves 9ºA nº6

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hy, my name is Ricardo Campos and I am fourteen years old. I am a student and as all students of the world I am “blessed” with holidays.
During my Easter holidays I had time to do many things. I always thought that the main pleasure of our holidays is the time to rest and relax. But now I think that we can do a lot of many things during this time.
On  the first week I was always playing with my cousins Miguel and Beatriz. We played PlayStation, we played football and sometimes a little of basketball just because Beatriz is now a basketball player. I really like to be with them because we really have  fun. Sometimes, during holidays, we went to the shopping with my aunt and while she was shopping we went to the cinema. In the end it was still time to taste an ice cream.
I must confess that I spent almost all of my days with my cousins. I remember that I went to my godmother house in Oporto, and they went with me. It was great. We walked around there and we went to the cinema one more time. We watched "Como treinar um dragão".This film was not only fun but also amazing because it was a 3D technology. In my godmother`s house we were always playing or doing something fun. I really have to go there. I think that we spent two or three days there and it was amazing. But then I had to come back home because of Easter Sunday.
Usually at my grandmother´s house we receive a lot of people. A lot of people of my family come there and I must confess that sometimes I do not recognize some of them. They are so many...
so on that day we talk to each other and wait for Jesus Christ´s visit. When he arrives we kiss him and pray a little. After that we have a big meal outside the house, in the terrace. This year the meal took place in the kitchen because it seemed that it was going to rain.
In spite of the rain it was funny and comfortable.
I used the last days of my holidays to relax and to rest.
Ricardo Campos Nº24 9ºD





 

1 comment:

Flávio Pinto Nº13 9ºA said...

The compositions are very very interesting, but what really stood out was that of Flavio Pinto No. 13 9a (mine of course).
Many kisses Flavio, stay well.